REM Associates’ philosophy in serving business management in today’s complex environment
Today's business management faces increasingly complex challenges due to technical, political, and sociological change. Further, intensified competition, innovative pricing strategies, and a changing government regulatory environment have increased the need for managing a company with in depth understanding, improved knowledge, and skills not previously required in business management.
"Just-In-Time", a concept now being applied across the entire range of business operating functions, has focused management attention on the critical issues of working capital, operating costs, profits, and customer service and their influence on basic business functions. The results of this effort have substantially improved the efficiency and effectiveness of company-wide operating activities. In today's business environment this can provide corporate management with a valuable contribution toward the required margin of success.
REM ASSOCIATES is a uniquely qualified consulting firm that provides today's management with advice and counsel on improving the effectiveness of business operational elements of moving products through the business. This cycle begins with product sourcing, procurement, and manufacturing. It continues through production planning and inventory control, warehousing, transportation, and delivery service to customers. Key to this cycle is the order processing and customer service necessary to support the sales and marketing functions of the business. This cycle represents a broad spectrum of complex and interrelated business activities. While these represent the operating elements, forecasting and planning are critical to the success of these business functions.
REM ASSOCIATES has been actively involved in working with management to improve business operations across a broad spectrum of programs. These have ranged from planning operations strategies for multi-division companies to meet the goals and objectives of corporate long-range plans, to facility layout and design including recommendations on material handling equipment and operating procedures.
- Identification of productivity improvements of business operations to reduce costs, improve service, increase utilization, and improve effectiveness
- Evaluation of product sourcing in terms of availability, potential alternatives, and analysis of total landed cost that will provide management with an effective procurement strategy
- Analysis of manufacturing planning and scheduling, trading off lot size, production cycle time, and inventory in terms of cost and availability
- Implementation of "Just-In-Time" inventory techniques to plan and locate stocks in the right place, within the correct quantities, at the right time, based on the most effective mix of cost and service
- Determination of effective distribution operations that will provide the required sales and marketing support in terms of warehouse location, layout, design, material handling techniques, organization, and staffing
- Evaluation of transportation services to determine costs and service alternatives, including private versus contract and third-party operations that will meet customer service requirements
- Establishment of customer service policies, standards, and organizations that will balance sales and marketing goals against costs, investment, and competitive forces
- Determination of systems requirements for effective customer order and information processing in order to expedite the flow of orders through the business functions
- Development and implementation of quality assurance methods, procedures, and benchmarks of acceptance to support product marketing
- Development of sound functional organizations that can effectively plan, manage, and control business activities in support of marketing, sales, operating, and financial objectives
At the conclusion of our studies, we provide both oral and written reports describing our work and the analysis of results. Benchmarks and potential opportunities for improvement are identified and future benefits estimated. Our reports are in sufficient detail that the company, with or without our continued assistance, can easily implement action plans.
The results of our efforts provide management with a "report card" on the present status of business operations and a direction for prioritized actions aimed at the future.
REM Associates Qualifications....
REM Associates provides consulting services designed to assist a wide range of consumer and industrial companies where operations and service improvements can help management focus programs and efforts to increase market share and profits, and improve service to customers.
We have effectively served many clients in this specific area over a long period of time. Through our experience, we have become familiar with current trends and practices and know what to look for as well as how to look.
REM Associates is a network of highly experienced consulting personnel. These senior management people provide tailored resources to meet the specific needs of each company within a fee structure that is substantially lower than the larger management consulting firms.
Our network and resources can help management move toward a greater margin of success.
A partial list of our clients
ALLIED SIGNAL CORPORATION
AMERICAN STORES CORPORATION
ANHEUSER-BUSCH COMPANIES, INC.
AVON PRODUCTS COMPANY
BANKERS TRUST COMPANY
BECTON DICKINSON & COMPANY
BRISTOL MYERS COMPANY
CERTIFIED GROCERS OF CALIFORNIA
G A F CORPORATION
GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY
GENERAL FOODS INCORPORATED
GENERAL MILLS COMPANY
GULF & WESTERN CORPORATION
HOECHST CELANESE CORPORATION
JOHN HANCOCK LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY
I T T GRINNELL
LAND O' LAKES INCORPORATED
LEA & PERRINS COMPANY
MERRILL LYNCH & COMPANY
METROPOLITAN TOBACCO COMPANY
NABISCO BRANDS INCORPORATED
NAT ASSOC OF RECORD MERCHANDISING
NAT ASSOC OF TOBACCO DISTRIBUTORS
NAT ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTORS ASSOC.
NAT CANDY WHOLESALERS ASSOC.
NATIONAL GYPSUM COMPANY
NATIONAL PAPER TRADE ASSOCIATION
PEPSI COLA INCORPORATED
PHILIP MORRIS COMPANY
SCOTT PAPER COMPANY
JOSEPH E SEAGRAM & SONS INC.
SEARS ROEBUCK & COMPANY
SOUTHERN RAILWAY SYSTEM
STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA
STOP & SHOP COMPANIES
U S A TODAY
WARNER LAMBERT COMPANY
W R GRACE & COMPANY
LOGISTICS REQUIREMENTS PLANNING
SEMINARS & TRAINING
MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
ORGANIZATION AND STAFFING
Copyright@2009, REM Associates of Princeton, Inc. 20 Nassau Street, Suite 244, PO Box 7345, Princeton, NJ 08543-7345. All rights reserved.