Customer Service and CallCenter Management
REM Associates of Princeton, Inc. assisted in the development of a customer service center for an international company that purchased a division of a Fortune 100 Company. The terms of sale indicated that the Fortune 100 Company would continue to provide order processing and customer service for approximately nine months, after which time the new company would be required to do their own order processing. During this period the company was implementing a new ERP system. Our assignment was to provide one order processing system within the assigned time that would be compatible with the new ERP system.
- The client company was implementing a new ERP/Order Processing System.
- The customer base of the acquired division and existing customers had little overlap.
- Commercial policies of the two companies were significantly different.
- The company was relocating their old warehousing operations to a new facility to contain both product lines, with the expectation of combining shipments at a future time.
- The turnover of Customer Service Representatives at the existing company was excessive.
- Both companies were doing Vendor Managed Inventories with different systems.
- Provide a customer service department, with the appropriate number of CSR’s capable of processing orders for the entire company with the newly implemented ERP system.
- Provide uniform Vendor Managed Inventory processes for the new division.
- Facilitate the movement of inventory from the Fortune 100 Company to the purchasing company.
- Provide the ability to process one order, which could include both product lines.
- Develop uniform commercial policies for all customers and resolve overlapping customer issues.
Results of this work :
- A new OutsourcedCustomerServiceCenter was established prior to the deadline.
- Established a new VMI program with a time-share provider.
- Established a plan for integrating both businesses, for one order, one shipment, and one invoice.
- Combined warehouse operations were established and successfully implemented.
If your current environment in any way resembles the “Existing Situation”, contact REM Associates to develop an action plan for process improvements directed at achieving similar results.