Eugene J. Barraro
1106 Beechwood Drive
Atco, NJ 08004
Eugene J. Barraro brings over twenty-eight years of diverse management and operations experience in the logistics / supply chain management arena to clients who want to improve their profitability and productivity... focus on customer service needs... bring a systemic view and improvement to logistics processes... develop innovative customized solutions to logistics problems... plan for future business development... or solve a variety of day-today operational problems.
Gene's early career included serving as a Captain in the United States Army, where he served in the Transportation Corps. This experience provided a strong foundation for him to build his logistics and managerial expertise on.
He joined Scott Paper Company, in 1968, as Pool Car Coordinator. He advanced to New York Traffic and Distribution Coordinator in 1969, working in the New York Regional Sales office. He interacted directly with customers, sales staff, and distribution suppliers. Gene advanced rapidly during the next 11 years, through many logistics functions. As Transportation Rates and Analysis Manager, his accomplishments included development of computerized reports for analyzing annual freight costs totaling $300MM, and improvements in both customer service and costs. As Transportation Planning, Administration, and Services Manager, his accomplishments included:
- Appointment to the McKinsey Task Force --- where he developed, tested, and implemented a warehouse negotiation and pricing package for use in all future warehousing negotiations.
- The development of vision, strategy, forecasts, and budgets for National Transportation needs.
- The development of a core carrier process and outsourcing of all freight rating, audit and payment processes.
He was promoted to the newly created position of Corporate Travel Manager, reporting to the Vice Chairman of the Board, to integrate corporate travel policy and purchasing across all domestic businesses.
He assumed the position of Commercial Distribution Leader, from which he led all distribution activities for the $700MM commercial business on the commercial business logistics team. His accomplishments include:
- Integrating business direction with logistics strategy.
- Steward for all distribution activities meeting customer needs at effective - efficient distribution costs.
- Leading customer consultative teams.
- Developing business logistics vision and strategy.
- Defined the logistical managing systems needed to bring on a new "green field" manufacturing site.
Gene left Scott Paper Company and formed his own management consulting firm, EJB Associates, in 1994. He now specializes in logistics/supply chain management field. He works with businesses from trucking to janitorial supply distributors.
Gene has trained and educated co-workers, associates, team members and customers formally and informally throughout his career in the fields of logistics and supply chain management.
Gene's educational background includes a BA degree in Political Science from Rutgers - The State University, as well as frequent attendance at seminars in the field of logistics / supply chain management, warehouse operations and management, transportation management, quality control and management and personal computers.
Gene is a member of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals and the Warehousing Education and Research Council.